12.05.2009

Refunds

the kitchen appliances are gladiator colosseums
stand too close & yer brain's sure to go!
delicious plastic delicious radioactive heat
when you stand under the sun
makes a freeway racket
my sunbath doesn't feel the SAME
tastes ultraviolet GREEN

dark roofs hurl the light back into space:
"AYE! WE DON'T WANT YER SOLAR WASTE!"
& it costs PAPER bills for water
unnaturally stolen from under Colorado's skirt 
BUT she meant 'yes' when she said 'no'
& I am THIRSTY, again!

the fibers in the carpet are organizing,
ANGRY-EYED & knowing just what they want
it is terrifying could get eaten alive
the asbestos in the apartment walls are gossiping
they don't like my dress
NO QUARTERS FOR LAUNDRY
NO CLOTH FOR BACK
no person to make mine
when all these things belong to me
they yearn and cry bitterly 

all through the night and time and space 
'til the white of my eyes match the fridge
'til my stature matches the water heater, 
shaking madly and hunched over with lumps on our sides
'til the cavity of my mouth is the kitchen sink
man-made through and through